The D͜͡r͜͡e͜͡a͜͡m͜͡ T͜͡e͜͡a͜͡m has been at it again for my final cook up before I go back to work. This time, they turned a ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ ɴᴏᴛᴇ into four dinner of Sausage Casserole.
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 onion- diced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup for the non Aussies here)
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 45g French Onion Soup packet mix
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g grated cheese.
- 4 cups of mashed potatoes (I’m not going to put the recipe for mashed potato on here. I used the Maggi instant flakes. But feel free to use potatoes, butter and milk if you have a whole bunch more time in the day than I do).
- *** Optional- you all know my obsession with hiding vegetables. Konraad the Wise Kenwood diced up carrots, mushrooms and squash to such a fine paste it was not visible to the eyes of my 7 year old.
- Chop the sausages into pieces. Tip the sausages, sauces, onion, french onion soup mix and half a cup of water into Salvador the Slow Cooker’s belly. Let Salvador bubble these away for about 4 hours.
- While this is happening, make up your mashed potato. I used 3 cups of Maggi Instant Potato flakes. But I have also in the past, when I had a little thing called ‘time’, made about 6 potatoes into a mash.
- After about 4 hours, fill Salvador’s belly completely by smothering the sausage mixture with a layer of mashed potato and top with cheese. Put Salvador’s top back on and let him melt that cheese down to goo.
On a side note, the watermelon in the picture had nothing to do with this recipe. It was an innocent bystander that got caught up in the chaos of my kitchen bench.